[Geysers] Geyser report August 21

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Wed Aug 24 05:43:36 PDT 2005

In a message dated 8/23/2005 6:05:12 PM Mountain Standard Time,
KSCOPE_YNP at peoplepc.com writes:

These heavy overflows  from Brilliant have been happening for a few years
now.  They come every  4-16 minutes and at times put water down runoff channels
beneath the trail on  both sides of Daisy.
Mike and all,

Please -- understand that I _have_ been around, this  year and in the past
(and that my comment about limited time in the basin was in  reference to
recently having little info to pass along). So, I most definitely  have seen the
intermittent overflows (and sometimes fairly significant bubbling)  by Brilliant
Pool, as has been happening in the past. I would not have mentioned  this
occasion if it hadn't struck me as exceptional -- water was pouring over  all
visible parts of the rim (as seen from the south side trail, of course).  This was
a minute or two before that eruption of Daisy, the eruption that I  still
will swear reached no higher than 40 feet (and which impressed other  gazers as
weak).