[Geysers] GPS coordinates

Steven Miller steve_eagle_miller at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 19 08:44:50 PDT 2005

Hi All
SPEAKING AS A PRIVIATE CITIZEN!
I for one do not like the idea that Joe Tourist and his family armed with a
little GPS unit and Scott's book will try and find features in backcountry
areas. Think of the damage that could be done to Bat Pool and or the bats
with people trooping around. Little Joey decides to play with the bats by
pushing a stick into the crack in the rock. Or he runs out on to the shelf.
Think of the people gathering cinders from cinder pool!
OK I am an extremist.
It is not just the Geyser Gazers who read Scott's book but a lot of tourist
coming to the park who do not respect (both the beauty and the dangers) the
geyser the way Gazers do that I worry about.

Just my opinion
Steve Miller

"Life is pleasant. Death is Peaceful. It is the transtion that's
Troublesome." -Issac Asimov

request at wwc.edu?subject=subscribe>