[Geysers] Short geyser report August 13

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sat Aug 13 16:01:57 PDT 2005

Has Giant erupted by now? Seems like anytime Grotto does something odd,
Giant responds in some way. Alas real life commitments in town forced me to  leave
early. But...

Grotto yesterday was in marathon, apparently for something longer than 24
hours, and when Grotto Fountain started today at 1046, some were surprised that
it was "so early." But the odd part is that Grotto then did not start until
1102  -- 16 minutes after Grotto Fountain's start. And further, there was then
a  Rocket major at 1114, yes, only 12 minutes after Grotto's start but it was
very  strong and had a duration of 9 minutes. So...

As of 11:44, Fan and Mortar were up to almost 5 days 5 hours without
erupting, and without really acting like they wanted to.

For the record, somebody radioed the VC that Great Fountain was "in  overflow
or almost so" (yes, a statement a bit odd) at [I think it was]  1025. Wrong.
As of noon exactly it had not overflowed (it was several inches  down) and had
not erupted... Note that Lynn reported (yesterday? -- I should  have paid
better attention) Great Fountain either had an interval of 16h 48m  (more than an
hour longer than this year's previous long) or else that was a  double with
two intervals very much shorter than this year's previous  short.

'Tis all.