[Geysers] Geyser report Tuesday August 2

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Wed Aug 3 06:27:28 PDT 2005

I finally had another partial day in the basins. Here some basic  information:

Beehive had been at 14xx on August 1, at 1125 August 2, so an interval of
about 21 hours. Today's indicator was 15 minutes.

Plume remains dormant.

Castle had a minor eruption at 0454 (e), then a major at 1041; minor
interval 5h 47m.

Grand played at 0426 (e), then at 1055 (1 burst), surprising nearly
everybody given that we don't normally expect an interval of 6h 29m.

Giant evidently had a wonderful hot period on August 1, but rather weak
events since then.

Daisy produced a rather ordinary interval of 2h 36m.

And Fan and Mortar had not erupted as of about 1300, having reached over 4d
5h. I then departed, realizing that even if a good event cycle started then,
I'd  miss the eruption, anyway, given a commitment back in West.

I did not see Fountain on the drive in; it was i.e. at 1353 for my drive  out.

In the morning, I'd seen Great Fountain at 0736 (pause = 4). It had a nice
blue bubble but no superburst, and I mention it mostly because it was a private
 eruption -- I was the only person there.