[Geysers] Link on April 25

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu Apr 28 05:41:48 PDT 2005

Some questioned that Link had actually erupted on April 25 because there were
no distinct signs of washing along the runoff channel next to the road. But a
weak eruption doesn't do much, if anything, to that channel, and that clearly
is the case here.

Anyway, that the Madsens report was questioned understandably upset Kendall
and Curtis. Now Kendall has sent a photo that very clearly shows Link erupting
at least 6 and probably more feet high, this a very short time after the big
bursts which were seen rising above the trees as viewed from Grotto.

In other words, the eruption did take place, and I very much thank the
Madsens for the report. People -- if you see something unusual, please report it.

Scott Bryan

P.S. Though I hear that the storm closed the Interstate in southern Wyoming,
it was sort of a bust here. We got only a couple of dustings of snow
yesterday, none overnight. It is cold -- 18 at my place at 6:30 am -- but the sun is
shining at the moment.