[Geysers] GIANT, Sept. 26 @ 2235

Tara Cross fanandmortar at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 26 23:18:36 PDT 2004

A message from Tara Cross <fanandmortar at hotmail.com>

Well, all I had to do was post on the list-serve that I thought Giant was
slowing down.  A more detailed report of the events leading up to Giant will
follow--for now, I just wanted to get this information out.

This is courtesy of Suzanne Getter:

~2100 Grotto start, 2nd after marathon
2221 Bijou paused
2226 Giant hot period.  Feather Satellite started 50 seconds into the hot
period; about 2 minutes in, India was flooded.  Mastiff surged to at least 6
feet.
2233 Mastiff began erupting, height estimate 30-40 feet (it was very steamy)
2233 Catfish
2235 Giant, height estimate impossible due to steam.

The eruption occurred under the light of a nearly-full moon.  If anyone
deserved to see Giant erupt, it was Suzanne.

--Tara Cross
fanandmortar at hotmail.com