[Geysers] Final geyser statistics update for summer 2004

Ralph Taylor ralpht at iglou.com
Sun Sep 26 21:47:26 PDT 2004

>From Ralph Taylor on Sunday 26 September 2004

I have posted the latest geyser statistics on the GOSA website at

http://www.geyserstudy.org/electronic_summary_2004.htm

This is my final update from Yellowstone, as I am leaving this week.  I
should be getting data files from Hank Heasler about monthly starting in
late October or early November, and will produce updates then.  The notebook
of printed graphs of the data summarized on the website is completely up to
date and available to look at on request at the Old Faithful Visitor Center
desk during the hours the VC is open.

There were no big surprises this week, but Plate continues its odd activity
with occasional long periods (>8 hours) of inactivity followed by an
unusually long (>10 minutes) eruption.  Plume remained dormant.  Little Cub
still has periods of non-eruptive splashy activity (just visible above the
cone) for periods of many hours, not all at night.  Oblong seems to have
abandoned series eruptions for the moment, but has been switching between
single eruptions and series of eruptions spaced 2-4 hours apart for some
time now.

Fountain continues to have periods of short intervals (2-3 hours) then
switching back to 6-hour intervals.

Happy geyser gazing!

Ralph Taylor