[Geysers] Geyser report September 17

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Sep 17 15:27:09 PDT 2004

To take advantage of what might be the "last nice day," I paid a relatively
short visit to Old Faithful, then Firehole Lake Drive. Depending on what
forecast you listen to, the weater will be "wintry" for the next five days, and at
least one forecast calls for "heavy mountain snow" on Tuesday.

Fna and Mortar finally erupted, last night 9/16-17 at roughly midnight
(nobody was there that we know of), so an interval of about 7 1/3 days.

Giant has not erupted. Yesterday's Grotto marathon did not end until
apparently shortly before dawn. The first recovery Giant Hot Period, at 12:26, was
very weak, duration about 1m 40s. Just after I left the area, approximately
13:45-14:00, was apparently better, duration around 5 1/2 minutes.

At 10:54 new geyser across from oblong = Solstice was actually off (the first
time I've seen it off since before August 9), but then it was back on at
11:00.

Today's Grand interval was definitely less than 7 hours, since it went at
13:36 (T2C) and the previous had been at 07:xx (nobody caught the minutes due to
radio static).

On the way out, Great Fountain was still well below overflow at 14:50
(yesterday's eruption was 15:27).

Pink was i.e. at 14:55. And (yes, M A !) Labial was at 15:01 (dual with Bead).

Tis all for now.