[Geysers] Geyser report September 11

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sat Sep 11 19:01:49 PDT 2004

At about 1 3/4 days after Thursday's eruption, Fan and Mortar were having
event cycles. This morning Bottom Vent was in eruption, without pause, for at
least 56 minutes. Yes. Main Vent was splashing throughout that entire span. But
when Fan's vents came on, the water level rather quickly looked poor. No
eruption. And later, another cycle for which I was not present, had Main Vent
splashes, then Bottom Vent just seconds before River came on. I doubt there was an
eruption, but at about that time I drove out of radio range.

Giant Hot Periods occurred at 07:53 (weak, duration 2 1/4 minutes, about 10
minutes after Grotto start), at 10:52 (fairly good, India about 3/4 covered, a
bit of surging in Mastiff, duration 7m 19s, Grotto off) and at 13:10 (weak,
duration about 3 minutes, 20 minutes after Grotto start).

At that same 13:10 time was a Beehive (probably) "Mid-Cycle Indicator",
duration about 90 seconds.

Daisy was at 05:50 near start and 09:34, giving an interval of 2h 44m. But
then, although I _might_ have missed it, I don't think it had gone again as of
about 13:30.

Grand, electronic time to visual, 6h 42m, it was a --2Q.

And I am seeking confirmation, but per the OFVC logbook, the "last" eruption
of Plume was recorded at 07:55 on Wednesday, September 8. Which, believe it or
not (I know you don't) is right about when Plume should have quit.

Today was gorgeous, getting up to about 75 degrees. Now the high temps are
supposed to cool at least 20 degrees within the next 48 hours, and snow is in
some forecasts for the middle of next week.