[Geysers] Geyser Report Labor Day weekend

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue Sep 7 19:38:02 PDT 2004

In a message dated 9/7/2004 7:37:42 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
upperbasin at comcast.net writes:
To me, the big difference this weekend to early August was the utter lack of
activity in Upper Mortar.  Only once was a small splash seen, and an
occasional rumble was heard.  But it never offered the 1-2 minute interval surging
after an event cycle (or any cycle, for that matter).  When we left, the interval
was only 4.7 days, which in the grand scheme of things isn’t that long.  I
surely hope someone is there when it finally goes. (IF it goes….)

IHi, All:
'm really glad Paul said the above, as I meant to do so. I was rather
astonished at the lack of Mortar (not jnust Upper Mortar) activity -- even Bottom
Vent impressed me as being a bit on the weak side. But as noted before, F&M have
more or less been different during each of the last several intervals, so who
really knhows. (Answer: nobody.)