[Geysers] Geyser Tidbits

lynn stephens lstephens.eagle at mail.sisna.com
Thu Sep 2 05:36:09 PDT 2004

FROM:  Lynn Stephens    DATE:  September 2, 2004

Some miscellaneous items:
    Great Fountain had a 14 minute pause 8/29.
    Lion had a series of at least 11 eruptions (counting minor eruptions as individual eruptions) yesterday (9/1) afternoon.  I don't know if anyone watched it after #11, which occurred at 2001.
    Plume reactivated yesterday (9/1) afternoon with eruptions reported at 14:54 (3 bursts), 16:34, and 18:57.
    Karen Lowe reported Little Anemone was starting to fill again.  (By the way, I only know of one eruption of Little Anemone that was reported when it "reactivated" earlier this summer.)
    Fan & Mortar had not yet erupted as of 21:30 last night.  It's raining this morning so I haven't been down to check the marker.
    Giant had a 16 minute hot period yesterday afternoon (9/1) with several vertical surges that filled the cone, some of which went 1 1/2 times the height of the cone--but unfortunately did not erupt.

My season is basically ended.  I leave tomorrow for one family trip, return for 1 day before leaving for another family trip, then will be back in the park for 4 days before returning home to start school on September 20.

Thanks to all of you who entered times into the logbook and/or left little slips of paper so that I could enter the information into the logbook.

Lynn Stephens