[Geysers] Short report

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun Oct 24 18:35:23 PDT 2004

In a message dated 10/24/2004 17:16:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
seide1 at mindspring.com writes:
I do have a question; the last few times I have been in the river group
in the last two months Mound has usually done only a weak boil to 2-3
feet for most eruptions.  One cycle the boil barely made it to one
foot.  Finally on the 21st I saw one boil to about six feet for about a
second before returning to the 2-3 foot boil.  I thought Mound had
higher eruptions than this.  Is the recent activity just the low
eruptions, or was I just unluckly?

Mound has been quite variable in the last year or so. In 2003 I recorded
intervals of around 1 hour and the eruptions were mostly very weak. This year, all
the intervals I timed were back down to around 20-25 minutes and most also
were their "usual" strong stuff of old. But I did see a couple of really weak
eruptions, so called, that did little more than gently boil.

Scott Bryan
who is experimenting with TSBryan at peoplepc.com. Personal things might be sent
to both that address ande the old aol address. Thanks.