[Geysers] Geyser report: Fan & Mortar and LINK

Tara Cross fanandmortar at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 9 10:30:45 PDT 2004

A message from Tara Cross <fanandmortar at hotmail.com>

A more extensive geyser report will follow in a day or two, but here is the
big news:

Fan & Mortar has had two eruptions since the the eruption on Sept. 24.
Graham Meech saw both of them:  October 3 at 1329, and October 8 at 1900.
That's right, a 9+-day interval followed by a 5 1/4-day interval.  I'll
include more details later.

Link had a major eruption today, October 9, at 1118.  Kitt Barger reported a
height of 70 feet.

Giant is having good hot periods.  Mike Keller reported that it did not
recover especially fast after the last eruption, but in the last few days it
has been having stronger hot periods with durations up to 9m50 seconds and
India gets covered about once a day.  Graham has been tracking the hot
periods.  Grotto had a 25.5-hour marathon that ended this morning around
0815.  The recovery hot period was at 1030.  It lasted 9m40s and there was a
pretty good restart, with feather on quite strong and some vertical surging
to about halfway up Giant's cone.

More information to follow on Giant, also.  That's all I have time for right
now.

--Tara Cross
fanandmortar at hotmail.com