[Geysers] Bob Hoffman

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Dec 24 07:28:14 PST 2004

I thank Mike and several others for the info about Bob Hoffman, which I am
certain I had not previously heard. (It was much more recently than a year ago
that Udo sent me a GOSA address list, with Bob included, so...) Anyhow, a touch
of info for any who did not know him:

Bob Hoffman for years spent most of the summer in YNP, and was the "guardian"
of Great Fountain, catching it 24/7. His license plate was GRT FTN, but it
could almost as well have been PNK CONE, for that is where he'd be if Grt Ftn
wasn't due. (If this sounds like a certain current gazer, well...kinda.) The
reason why Bob stopped going to YNP had to do with lung/breathing problems --
emphysema, I guess -- and he just couldn't take the altitude. At his home in San
Francisco, he apparently had an award winning collection of orchids.

Scott Bryan

(Mike: Sorry -- didn't mean to send this separately to you)