[Geysers] Geyser report 12/11/04

Mike Keller KSCOPE_YNP at peoplepc.com
Sat Dec 11 15:27:45 PST 2004

Windy and 40F today.

Fan and Mortar erupted sometime between 1800 12/09 and 1300 12/11.  At 1300
today Fan had fully recovered and there was no evidence Bottom Vent at
Mortar had erupted in a while so I would assume F&M went overnight
12/09-12/10 or early in the day on 12/10.

Grotto was post-marathon at 1255.  Given the recovery of features in the
area I would assume it had been off for over 4 hours.  At 1341 Giant had a
9m 39s hot period.  Mastiff surged as high as 6 feet in the first few
minutes, but only overflowed during the final 3 minutes of the hot period.
There was a weak restart with no vertical surging in Giant.

The small vent across the river from Oblong was in steady overflow today.
Every minute or two it would burble to about a foot but never erupted as it
did most of the fall.

Tardy continues to dominate the Sawmill Group, but neither Penta nor Churn
has erupted.  Churn and Uncertain have been in near steady overflow.  I saw
Bulger for the first time this winter today.

Grand had a one burst eruption after D2 this afternoon.  I haven't seen a
two burst Grand in a week.

MK