[Geysers] Long rivers...

Ruth & Leslie Quinn ruthleslie at ispwest.com
Tue Dec 7 22:34:45 PST 2004

A message from Leslie Quinn ruthleslie at ispwest.com

So what would be the length of the Mississippi-Missouri-Yellowstone-Atlantic Creek-Two Ocean Pass-Pacific Creek-Snake River-Columbia River? If memory serves, at "The Parting of the Waters" (just north of Two Ocean Pass and intimately connected with it) it gives the distances as around 1300+ miles to the Pacific and 3700+ to the Atlantic, which would make around 5000 miles, although I might not be remembering correctly. On the other hand, the old saw that a fish could use it to swim from one ocean to the other isn't really true, as the Lower Falls would be a tough one to jump, and if you wanted to travel east the Snake has a few of its own as well. But probably someone having fun with some fractals could throw all the figures on their heads anyway...

Weren't we supposed to talk about geysers here?

Just one of the rabble,
Leslie