[Geysers] Queen's Laundry

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Aug 20 15:24:44 PDT 2004

In a message dated 8/20/2004 3:52:08 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
thedulcimerlady at juno.com writes:
Next week I hope to enact my third try to reach (call that find) the Queen's
Laundry.

The route to Queen's Laundry is straightforward, really. Do this. Drive to
the end of Fountain Flats Drive and hike along the old road to Ojo Caliente
Spring. Cross the bridge. Directly on the opposite side of the river from Ojo
Caliente is the trailhead for the Sentinel Meadow trail. Take it. Keep going. Go
all the way, past the other springs (Mound, Steep, Iron Pot). The trail will
curve toward the south. At that point either 1) cut straight across the grassy
meadow -- probably pretty dry at this season -- or 2) continue the trail a bit
more until you reach anotehr that branches sharply back to the nnorthwest.
Take it and it goes directly to Queen's Laundry, and Norris's bath house.

Put another way -- if you can find Sentinel Meadow (no hill climbing needed
or recommended), then Queen's Laundry is simply the farthest spring in from the
road.