[Geysers] Queen's Laundry

thedulcimerlady at juno.com thedulcimerlady at juno.com
Fri Aug 20 06:45:30 PDT 2004

Hi all,

Next week I hope to enact my third try to reach (call that find) the
Queen's Laundry.  (I have this thing about old buildings; doesn't matter
that this one was never finished.)  On the first try I followed the trail
book diligently and went around in a big circle.  (Yes, I found the twin
peaks mentioned, and when I reached the top for lunch, the parking lot
where I'd parked was on the other side. Wrong peaks.)  The second time I
hiked through quite a bit of thermal feature runoff muck (I don't think
that was the way to go, but it seems I was headed in the right direction)
and aborted when I spotted a grizzly about 3/4 mile away.

I did pick up a hand-drawn map from the Archives a few years ago, but I
would like to hear from any of you about THE route.

This probably isn't appropriate list discussion, so I welcome private

Thanks,

Lucille Reilly (who is playing Christmas at OFI next Wed., 4-6pm).