[Geysers] Intro and Visiting Shoshone Geyser Basin

Quilter B quilterbackpack at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 13 08:45:46 PDT 2004

We're a family of four, making our fourth visit to Yellowstone next week. We
probably met a few of you on our last visit in May of 2002. As I remember,
there was a particular day when Grand was going to erupt three times in one
day (during daylight). That was the evening of the day we spent 4 hours
waiting for Fountain. It was a little behind schedule, but a great show.

In just a few days, we'll be at the Shoshone Geyser Basin. We have two days
to pack in, a layover day at campground 8R5, and two days to pack back out.

If you have any particular advice on what to watch for in the basin when
we're there, we'd be happy to hear it. Otherwise, we'll just be watching and
taking pictures.

If there is anything to watch out for on the trail, we'd like to know that,
too. We're starting from Old Faithful, to Lone Star, and then to Shoshone
Lake.

thanks-
Robin