[Geysers] Re: Dwight Elmendorf(Ellison)

Tom and Genean tddandngd at adelphia.net
Wed Aug 11 20:30:31 PDT 2004

 From Genean Dunn on August 11, 2004

When Chase posted this message re: Elmendorf, I realized that we own this
reference. It is part of a series of at least 82 issues published twice a
month covering information ranging from this one on YNP to "The Wife in
Art" and "Ancient Athens." The Mentor Association states, "The purpose of
The Mentor Association is to give its members, in an interesting and
attractive way, the information in verious fields of knowledge which
everybody wants to have. The information is imparted by interesting
reading matter, prepared under the direction of leading authorities, and
by beautiful pictures, produced by the most hightly perfected modern
processes."

There are 19 small photos embedded with the text written by Elmendorf,
"Lecturer and Traveler;" many of these photos give credit to Haynes.  In
addition, there are 6 six and one-half inch by nine and one-half inch
photos printed on separate card stock defined as "intaglio-gravure
pictures." They include Old Faithful, Jupiter Terrace, Cleopatra Terrace,
Fishing Cone (at least 8 feet out of the water with an apparent 'chef' on
it with a fishing pole), Great Falls and Point Lookout, and Golden Gate.
None give credit to a photographer. All the large photos are sharply
detailed.  Elmendorf gives several supplementary readings of Hague,
Hayden, Chittenden, Langford, Topping, and F. Dumont Smith.

We paid $15 for the issue and is worth adding to anyone's Yellowstone
collection.